“Because a house is not a home if a woman feels unsafe.”
All proceeds from Design Consign go to The Gloria Foundation, a 501(c) 3 non-profit initiative helping victims of domestic violence. The foundation’s mission is to provide resources to local safe houses and domestic violence organizations.
White House “Designs for Life” owner Karen Arakelian launched the foundation in 2013 in loving memory of her inspiring mother Gloria, herself a victim of domestic violence.
The foundation provides resources to local safe houses and domestic violence organizations across Northern New Jersey.
“Gloria was my mother. She was and continues to be an inspiration to me. Gloria was always smiling even through the adversities in her life. She was always willing to help anyone in need. I have started this foundation as a thank you to her.
Now she will continue to touch lives through the foundation in her name. Her memory will be a hope for women in all situations they feel helpless to escape. I have always appreciated my mother for her support of me and I thank you for your support of The Gloria Foundation.”
Who We Help/How We Help
Proceeds generated for The Gloria Foundation through Design Consign sales, cash and merchandise donations – as well as through frequent fundraising events – support organizations like Partners for Women in Justice, a non-profit organization that provides free legal help to low-income, abused women.
Other vital organizations benefitting from our donors’ generosity include Jersey Battered Women’s Service, a full-service domestic violence and domestic abuse prevention agency with a 24-hour hotline, counseling; safe house; transitional living, children’s services, prevention programs and a safe house and Union, NJ’s Family Promise, which every year helps thousands of homeless and low-income families achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response. Click here for a full list of our partners.
To volunteer your time or to make a financial donation call 973 287 6246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Your Support Means
Funding from The Gloria Foundation donations support:
- TRANSITIONAL HOUSING for women and their children escaping their abuser and facing homelessness.
- EDUCATION & JOB TRAINING, so women can provide better opportunities for themselves and their children.
- EMOTIONAL SUPPORT for women who are victims of domestic violence.
One hundred percent (100%) of your tax-deductible donations go to support domestic violence victims. To paint a clearer picture, a $100 donation can help provide:
- Helpline response to five callers
- Four hours of support, safety planning and advocacy for a domestic violence victim
- Three hours of counseling for a child
- Five hours of children’s activities so that moms can attend group counseling or vocational training
- One group vocational training workshop
- One women with legal advocacy and court accompaniment
- Five hours of children’s activities so that moms can attend group counseling or vocational training, or
- Dating abuse presentations to three area high schools, reaching 90 students